Welcome to the site that will help you give in depth reviews of all juicers. A lot of us are confused when trying to choose the best masticating juicer. Is your juicer the right fit for you? Choosing the best masticating juicer has got less to do with all the different things that it can do and more with what you want it to do.
A masticating juicer isnt like most of the other things you buy out there. You probably need to keep your juicer running for a long time. Yes, you will find reviews of the best masticating juicers in sites like Amazon. But then not every people know all the juicers out there. So the juicer they like may not be as good as the one they well, didn’t try out!
Be it as a breakfast menu or as a filling beverage, fresh fruit juices are always nutritious and delicious. Those who are regular juice drinkers, masticating juicers can let them have the correct taste as well as the nutritional value in place.
Here we help you with all that you need to know when it comes to juicers, from different reviews to buying guides to help you know all you need about that juicer you need.
Table of Contents
- TOP 5 BEST JUICERS OF 2016
- BUYING GUIDE FOR JUICERS
- ADVANTAGES OF JUICERS
- REVIEWS OF TOP 5 BEST JUICERS
- Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer – Black and Chrome (best seller)
- Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor (Best seller)
- Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
- Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer
- Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, White
SO, WHY DO YOU NEED THE BEST MASTICATING JUICER?
Running at a speed as slow as 80RPM, the masticating juicers literally keep up to their name which means “to chew”. They follow a cold-press system to extract the juice from the fruits and vegetables. The auger or the motor breaks the cell wall of the food items and thus brings about the maximum amount of nutrient from them. Also, the cold and slow procedure prevents it from producing any heat and consequently preserving the anti-oxidants in place.
The following chart gives a fair idea on which is the best masticating juicer. Keeping in mind your budget, you can always select from the one which best suits your need.
|Omega J8003||Omega J8006|
|Weight||17 pounds||17 pounds|
|Power||1/3HP single phase||110 volt|
|Feed Chute||1.5 * 1.5||3 inches|
|Automatic Pulp Separate||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||10 years||15 years|
SOME OF THE OTHER POPULAR MASTICATING JUICERS ARE
- Comes with low RPM speed, mostly 80 RPM
- The extraction of juice by the Omega in generally a two stage procedure
- They have the separate container for pulp collection and thus go through a continuous juicing process
- With the advanced settings, juice extraction becomes an efficient procedure.
- They do not weigh more than 20 pounds and comes with sleek and compact design
- They are covered under long warranty periods
Hurom HU-100 features:
- Equipped with advanced technology yielding the most of the juices with efficient extraction and least wastage
- GE Ultem Auger, micromesh filters, brush, pulp extraction plugins and two 50 ounce cups
- Noise free, compact designs
- Limited warranty of 10 years
TOP 5 BEST JUICERS OF 2016
- Countertop juicing machine with extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute
- 850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results
- Safety locking arm; overload protection LED; large-capacity pulp collector
- 1-year limited warranty
- Heavy-duty compact juice fountain with centered knife blade assembly
- Extra-large 3-inch centered feed tube; stainless-steel micro-mesh filter
- Dishwasher-safe parts; custom cleaning brush included
- 1-year limited warranty
- Low speed of 80 RPMs; no foaming, clogging, or heat build-up with 110 volt
- Easy-to-use with powerful motor
- High juice yield; auto pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing
- Dual-stage juicing system; quiet operation; UL- and cUL-approved
- 900-watt stainless-steel juice extractor with 5 speeds
- 3-inch circular feed tube; backlit control panel; dishwasher-safe parts
- Juice jug and froth separator, detachable spout, and cleaning brush included
- 1-year limited warranty
- Masticating juice extractor with powerful single-gear commercial motor
- Dual-stage juicing; low speed of 80 RPMs means no foaming, clogging, or heat build-up
- High yield with very dry pulp; auto pulp-ejection for continuous operation
- 15-year warranty
BUYING GUIDE FOR JUICERS
Juices are one of the healthiest ingredients in a breakfast menu. With plethora of models available in the market, you might find it a real task to look for the best juicer for your family. So here are some of the most effective buying guides of a juicer that will help you select the best amongst the lot.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
As you answer these questions, your choice will automatically be narrowed down and then you may find it easier to decide.
TYPES OF JUICERS
They are generally of two types
- Centrifugal juicer which works at a speed of between 3500 and 14000 RPM
- Masticating juicers which run at the speed of 80 RPM (revolutions per minute)
You may ask why this needs to be included in a buying guide. Well, this information essentially matters as high-speed juicers create more heat but with less extraction of the juice. On the other hand, the masticating juicers with their low speed will help to extract more juice than the former one. This kind of juicers will help you to get the most of the extracts from the vegetables, grasses and fruits through their cold-press.
LET’S LEARN MORE ABOUT JUICERS…
Because of its better extraction power, the masticating juicers are preferred by the family and the shop owners over the centrifugal models. They have a gear which is also called the auger rotates at a slow speed and breaks through the cell wall of the fruits and vegetables eventually extracting a lot of juice. This procedure not only is important for juice extraction but also sieves out more of nutrients than any other procedure.
However, there are some positive points in the centrifugal juicers as well. As they produce the heat, the juices undergo the oxidation procedure which kills some of the germs and some antioxidants. They have a froth which you may not like if you are not friendly with fruity-smells.
WHEN BUYING JUICERS REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
- It is always better to mix veggies with fructose. Why? Because fruit juice contains fructose in large amounts that can cause heart diseases. You shouldn’t buy one only for fruits. After all, it’s being healthy that you need, don’t you?
- If you love fruit juice, you need to buy a masticating juicer. You need it to work well because well, the raw ingredients and fruits arent exactly cheap. So you want your juicer to be really efficient at what it does. Be ready to shop a lot for vegetables with your juicer around.
- Remember that buying a juicer is a long term commitment. Don’t think that buying it will be the end of your worries. You need a juicer that works long term as you probably do not want to buy a new one each year.
When you’re looking for the best masticating juicer, it is important to understand these points. A good idea is to decide your budget from before when buying.
If you are confused about which juicer to buy, here are some of our preferred models.
ADVANTAGES OF JUICERS
- You’re looking for the perfect drink to complement your diet. Fresh juices are always a popular diet among the list of freshen-up beverages or as a start-up menu. However, for a fresh juice, you need to have a great model to extract the best of the pulps.
- When you want to extract. most of the pulp from any vegetable or fruit. The masticating juicers are the best for this running at a slow speed of about 80 RPM. With slow speed, these macines can actually break through the cell walls of the fruits and vegetables. This helps to increase the amount of antioxidants in the juice and also produces other nutrients. As the food gets thoroughly crushed, the net amount of juice is also higher through masticating juicers than any other ones. They are always better in terms of nutritive yield and gives better health benefits.
- You love things to be easy. The centrifugal juicer moves at a speed between 3500 to 14000 RPM and are the easiest to handle as electric juicers. It works as easily as you just out in the fruit (mostly the whole fruit or in large chunks), press the plunger and let it run for some time and your juice is ready! In some specific cases, the companies demand that their juicers can make juices in as short as 4 seconds.
- You want it because it’s healthy! Centrifugal juicers are popular is because the heat produced in the high-speed revolution of the food helps to kill some of the harmful antioxidants through the process of oxidation. If you like the foamy-fruity juices, centrifugal juicers are your answer.
- Because they offer the choices you need. Manual wheatgrass juicers work without electricity and produce little or no heat while the juice is being made. The other electric wheatgrass ones are multidimensional and can be used as a masticating juicer as well.
REVIEWS OF TOP 5 BEST JUICERS
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer – Black and Chrome (best seller)
For any seasoned juicing enthusiast, Omega J8006 is one of the best brands. For making any healthy and nutritious drink. Omega8006 is indeed one of the most popular choices as a masticating juicer. Apart from durability and reliability, Omega J8006 offers 15 years of warranty along with an HD auger which is almost eight times harder than its previous models. Omega J8006 can be used for extruding different food items to make peanut butter, baby food, grounded coffee powder etc. With its extremely low RPM speed, it has also been used for producing dry pulp without any oxidation or froth. Vegetables like spinach and broccoli can also be extracted as it comes with great auger strength. To prevent clogging, it has in-built reverse system which consequently adds to the faster clean-up procedures.
Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor (Best seller)
Fitted with a 700 Watt motor which can move at a speed of almost 14000 RPM, Breville BJE200XL is a great choice for making delicious juices. As it comes with a compact build-up, with micromesh filters of stainless steel, titanium made cutting discs and stabilized dual knife blade, Breville BJE200XL helps to increase the juicing efficiency with its advanced hardware setup. Equipped with ergonomic considerations, this centrifugal juicer has drawn attention of the pros. Needless to say, it is can be easily cleaned upward.
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
As good as most of the high end juicers, Breville JE98XL is a favorite choice among the juicers as it comes with almost all the similar features but with a lower price. Be it any fruit, vegetable or nut the 850 Watt motor brings out the maximum extraction of juice. It has a polymer built-up with 0% BPA and can withstand the strong vibrations. The 3-inch extra wide feeder takes lesser time to make the juice and the pulp gets separated in a different container. The stainless steel blades and micromesh filters are preventive of corrosion. However, the product is available with one year warranty but it’s unlikely that you will face any odd experience with Breville JE98XL.
Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer
Equipped with a 900watt motor, the Breville BJE510XL will help you squeeze even the last drop of juice from fruit or the vegetable. It comes with 6500 – 12, 500 RPM speed thus enabling both the soft fruits and the tougher vegetables to crush and extract the most from them. Without compromising on the nutritional value, the system has in-built process to separate the pulp from the juice. The tiny chip attached to Breville BJE510XL is its star feature which can adjust the power as per the requirement automatically. The 3inch wide feed chute makes the product efficient and faster than its other contemporary models.
Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, White
Operating at a speed as slow as 80RPM, Omega J8004 is a wise choice when going for a masticating juicer. Made up of the GE Ultem material, Omega J8004 is makes a highly delicious and nutritional juice. The super strong plastic makes it durable to the high pressure, friction and temperature. Be it mincing, grinding, emulsifying or just juicing, Omega J8004 will preserve all the nutritional value without going through any oxidation. It comes in a white color so you have to be sure to cleanup the Omega regularly unless of course, you want it to lose its color. This is one of the best masticating juicers out there.