Preparation Time – 50 Minutes
Nutrients: 363 gm calories with 33.7 gm Proteins.
- 1 Pound Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Teaspoon seasoning (Poultry or Emeril’s Essence)
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup rinsed and uncooked quinoa
- 3 Cups fresh Broccoli Florets
- ½ Cup Flour
- ¼ Cooked bacon
- ¼ Cup Cheese
To prepare the Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree Celsius.
- Grease the baking dish generously to avoid sticking of chicken on sides.
- Bring the chicken broth and half cup milk to boil in a saucepan.
- Whip the other half of milk with poultry seasoning and flour.
- Add this mixture to the boiling liquid and whip until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Now in a large bowl, mix the sauce prepared above and add water, bacon along with quinoa and stir them to combine.
- Pour this mixture in a baking dish.
- The boneless chicken is then sliced into thin pieces and overlay them on the top of mixture in the pan.
- Bake then uncovered for 30 minutes.
To prepare Broccoli:
- While the chicken in being baked in oven, prepare the broccoli by placing it in boiling water for 1 minute.
- When it turn bright green wash it under cold water and keep aside.
- Remove the chicken casserole from the oven. Check for its consistency, if required bake for additional 10-15 minutes.
- When it is cooked and sauce gets thick, add the broccoli and water (small amount).
- Top it with cheese and bake for 5 minutes.
Your creamy chicken quinoa is ready to serve with Broccoli casserole.