Lots of good news made this week a nutty one. I received a job offer and I’ll be starting a new full time job next Monday. Before crazy Monday rolls around I have Saturday to look forward to. My friend Ashley is getting married and I’m so excited; my dancing shoes and I are ready for a good time.
All this to say that I haven’t been documenting many of the meals I’ve made but I still wanted to post! So I bring to you this delicious quinoa salad. I like to make it with the vegetables listed below but you can try it with celery, shredded carrots and even substitute cilantro for parsley. Make a little extra for lunch, quinoa will keep you satisfied and full all afternoon.
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Dressing – Makes ½ cup of dressing
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Weight Watchers Point Plus: 3 P+ per serving and 18 P+ for the recipe
- combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan, simmer over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Allow quinoa to cool for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl combine red pepper, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, and cilantro.
- In another bowl whisk peanut butter, lime juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger root and cayenne pepper (optional).
- Mix together the vegetables, quinoa and dressing, cover and refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes so the flavours can blend together.