Last Saturday we were invited for dinner to our friend Yasmeen’s house. My boyfriend and I love visiting this family, for us it is always such a treat and such a feast. I offered to bring something but I had no idea what I was going to make until I received my Weight Watchers monthly pass in the mail. The monthly pass includes one or two recipes and this month it featured these peanut butter ice cream sandwiches.
I made two types of sandwiches by swapping cookies. For a less sugary treat I used the graham crackers, but for the ultimate indulgence I picked peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I included the Weight Watcher point plus value for both, because we deserve options!
- 2 oz or 57g low fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups light whipped topping
- 24 cookies of your choice, graham crackers or peanut butter chocolate chip cookies work well
Serves: 12 mini sandwiches
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 1 Graham Sandwich 4.5 P+ / 1 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich 7 P+
- 2P+ 1/12 of cream mixture or 1½ tablespoons
- 2.5 P+ 2 graham crackers
- 5P+ 2 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Using a mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter until the mixture is smooth. Add whipped topping until you combine all ingredients.
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons the mixture on top of your chosen cookie; place a second cookie on top. Repeat until you are done mixture.
- Place cookies on a baking or a plastic container cover with plastic wrap or lid and place in the freezer for at least 40 minutes. It tastes like real ice-cream when frozen.
I froze the extra sandwiches but I wouldn’t be able to tell you how long they keep for because after two days they were all gone.